Teeth Whitening in Huntersville, NC
Discover the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
A bright, white smile can make a big difference in your appearance and confidence. If you're looking to enhance your smile, teeth whitening may be the solution you need. At Lake Norman Dentistry, our Huntersville, NC dentist Dr. Scott Guice offers a variety of cosmetic dentistry options including teeth whitening to help you achieve a brighter, more vibrant smile.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental treatment that uses specialized products and techniques to remove stains and discoloration from teeth, resulting in a whiter, more radiant smile. This treatment can be done in-office or at home using customized trays and professional-grade whitening gel.
Regardless of which teeth whitening option you choose, our Huntersville dentist will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for your teeth after treatment to ensure your results last as long as possible. We also offer touch-up treatments to help you maintain your bright, beautiful smile over time.
In-office whitening can brighten your smile up to 8 shades lighter. That's 6 shades lighter than store bought whitening products.
Teeth Whitening Options
When it comes to teeth whitening, there are several options available at Lake Norman Dentistry in Huntersville, NC. Our dental team will work with you to determine the best treatment option to achieve your desired results.
In-office teeth whitening
In-office whitening treatments are a popular choice for patients who want fast, dramatic results. During an in-office treatment, a high-powered whitening gel is applied to the teeth and activated with a special light. This process typically takes about an hour and can result in teeth several shades whiter in just one appointment.
At-home teeth whitening
For patients who prefer to whiten their teeth in the comfort of their own home, we offer at-home whitening treatments using customized trays and professional-grade whitening gel. Dr. Guice will take impressions of your teeth to create customized trays that fit your mouth perfectly. You'll then receive a whitening gel to use in the trays for a prescribed amount of time each day.
Check out what others are saying about our teeth whitening services on Yelp: Teeth Whitening Huntersville
Frequently Asked Questions
Will teeth whitening cause sensitivity?
Some patients may experience temporary sensitivity during or after teeth whitening treatment. However, our dental team takes special care to minimize any discomfort and provide you with a comfortable, positive experience.
How long does teeth whitening last?
The longevity of teeth whitening results can vary depending on several factors, including the individual's oral hygiene habits and lifestyle choices. In general, teeth whitening treatments can last anywhere from several months to a few years. However, it's important to maintain good oral hygiene practices and avoid certain foods and beverages that can cause staining to prolong the results of teeth whitening.
Can teeth whitening damage enamel?
When performed properly, teeth whitening should not damage enamel. However, overuse or misuse of whitening products can potentially harm the enamel and lead to sensitivity. That's why it's important to only use whitening products under the guidance of a dental professional.
Brighten Your Smile at Lake Norman Dentistry
At Lake Norman Dentistry, we are dedicated to helping our North Carolina patients in Huntersville, Charlotte, Cornelius, and Lowesville achieve the bright, beautiful smiles they deserve. If you're interested in teeth whitening, contact us today by giving our Huntersville office a call at (704) 895-3858 or fill out an online form to schedule a consultation and learn more about our treatment options.
There is more residual sensitivity with store bought teeth whitening kits due to the "one-size fits all" trays that come in the kit vs the custom fit trays from the dentist.
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and faded teeth.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are stains that require professional oral health services and can result from certain foods, beverages or improper oral hygiene.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for amorphous calcium phosphate, which helps to relieve the pain in sensitive teeth in a gel form.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages with a lack of proper brushing. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
Back to top of Teeth Whitening
Dental Inlay Vs. Dental Filling
For cavities, a dental inlay may be a good option to treat the decayed tooth. Many people probably think of fillings when it comes to repairing cavities. While this treatment can be effective, it is worth considering inlays as well. Both have benefits and drawbacks. Your dentist can explain the process of each treatment to…
Four Traits Of A Kid-Friendly Dentist
A visit to the kid-friendly dentist is no easy feat for many children, especially younger ones who are having their first appointment. You need to choose the right dentist for your child, and this means a dental professional with the right qualification, experience and character. This is important to ensure the child has a positive…
What Is A Inlay Dental Restoration?
When a tooth shows signs of decay or damage, a dentist may recommend one or several dental restoration options. One of the more common options, aside from filling, is a dental inlay. For patients to make informed decisions regarding treatment, it is important to understand what an inlay is and how it differs from a…
2 Types Of Sleep Apnea And How Each Is Treated
If you are an individual who snores or wakes up gasping for air, a significant other may have suggested visiting a dental or medical provider to investigate the possibility of sleep apnea. A proper diagnosis is crucial for starting the right treatment. There are two main types of sleep apnea that have similar symptoms, but…