Dental Bridges in Huntersville, NC
Restore Your Smile and Oral Function with Dental Bridges
At Lake Norman Dentistry, our Huntersville, NC dentist, Dr. Scott Guice offers a range of dental services, including dental bridges, to help patients restore their smiles and improve oral health. Dental bridges are an effective and popular solution for replacing missing teeth, allowing individuals to regain their ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are prosthetic devices used to bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. They consist of artificial teeth, known as pontics, which are anchored to the adjacent natural teeth or dental implants. Dental bridges are custom-made to blend seamlessly with the patient's natural teeth, restoring their smile and improving both aesthetics and functionality.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Restored aesthetics: Dental bridges fill in the gaps left by missing teeth, enhancing the appearance of your smile and boosting your self-confidence.
- Improved speech: Missing teeth can affect your ability to pronounce certain sounds correctly. Dental bridges restore proper speech patterns, helping you communicate more clearly.
- Enhanced chewing ability: Missing teeth can make it challenging to chew certain foods. Dental bridges restore your ability to eat a wide variety of foods comfortably.
- Maintained facial structure: When teeth are missing, the facial structure can sag, giving a prematurely aged appearance. Dental bridges help support the facial structure and maintain a youthful look.
- Preventing teeth shifting: Gaps left by missing teeth can cause the remaining teeth to shift, leading to bite problems and misalignment. Dental bridges prevent adjacent teeth from moving into the empty spaces.
Candidacy for Dental Bridges
Ideal candidates for dental bridges are individuals who:
- • Have one or more missing teeth
- • Have healthy teeth on either side of the gap to support the bridge
- • Have good oral hygiene practices
- • Do not have gum disease or significant decay
- • Are committed to maintaining good oral health
It is essential to consult with your Huntersville, NC dentist for a comprehensive examination to determine your candidacy for dental bridges and explore alternative treatment options if needed.
Dental Bridge Procedure
- 1. Consultation and examination: Your Huntersville dentist will evaluate your oral health, discuss your treatment goals, and determine if dental bridges are the right solution for you.
- 2. Tooth preparation: If the adjacent teeth require some preparation, a small portion of enamel will be removed to create space for the dental bridge.
- 3. Impression: An impression of your teeth will be taken to create a custom-made dental bridge that fits perfectly in your mouth.
- 4. Temporary bridge: While your permanent bridge is being fabricated, a temporary bridge will be placed to protect your teeth.
- 5. Bridge placement: Once your permanent bridge is ready, it will be carefully placed and adjusted for a proper fit. Dr. Guice will ensure that the bridge aligns correctly with your bite and feels comfortable.
- 6. Final adjustments: Any necessary adjustments will be made to ensure the bridge’s optimal fit and functionality.
- 7. Oral care instructions: Dr. Guice will provide you with specific instructions on how to care for your dental bridge, including proper oral hygiene practices and regular dental visits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will dental bridges feel and function like natural teeth?
Yes, dental bridges are meticulously designed to closely resemble the look, feel, and function of natural teeth. They are custom-made to match the color, shape, and size of your existing teeth, ensuring a seamless integration with your smile.
How long do dental bridges last?
With proper care and regular dental check-ups, dental bridges have the potential to last for a significant period of time. On average, dental bridges can last approximately 10 to 15 years, or even longer. However, it's important to note that the lifespan of a dental bridge can vary depending on factors such as oral hygiene practices, the strength of the supporting teeth or implants, and individual habits.
Are dental bridges noticeable?
No, dental bridges are skillfully crafted to be virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth. Your dentist will take great care to ensure that the color, shape, and size of the artificial teeth, known as pontics, match your existing teeth flawlessly.
Regain Confidence with Dental Bridges
Our Huntersville, NC dentist provides dental bridges as a reliable solution to replace missing teeth and restore smiles. With their aesthetic and functional benefits, dental bridges offer individuals the opportunity to regain their confidence and enjoy improved oral health. If you have missing teeth and are interested in dental bridges or other dental treatments, consult with Dr. Guice at Lake Norman Dentistry by contacting us at (704) 895-3858 to determine the best solution for your needs.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Bonding Huntersville
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries is also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Bonding
For cavities, a dental inlay may be a good option to treat the decayed tooth. Many people probably think of fillings when it comes to repairing cavities. While this treatment can be effective, it is worth considering inlays as well. Both have benefits and drawbacks. Your dentist can explain the process of each treatment to…
When a tooth shows signs of decay or damage, a dentist may recommend one or several dental restoration options. One of the more common options, aside from filling, is a dental inlay. For patients to make informed decisions regarding treatment, it is important to understand what an inlay is and how it differs from a…
When it comes to dental restoration options, patients have several. While each option has its merits, some are more recommended than others for specific situations. Individuals who are interested in restoring their smiles should thoroughly discuss each method with a qualified cosmetic dentist before moving forward with treatment.Before undergoing cosmetic dental work, a patient goes…
For many people, achieving a smile makeover make be as simple as whitening their teeth. Whiter teeth can significantly improve the overall appearance of one’s smile, boosting self-confidence and making for a better overall first impression. Though teeth whitening is the most popular way to alter tooth color, cosmetic dentists use several other techniques to…